We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our 3rd annual film festival this year for PressPlay both online and at the theaters. Due to the pandemic still being a concern, we’ve decided to premiere our film selections via these two platforms in order to bring these films to the broadest possible audience:
Our full selection of films will be premiered as physical, socially-distanced screenings at the Alamo Drafthouse. Last year we had the pleasure of hosting our festival at the Alamo Drafthouse in the Toyota Music Factory in Las Colinas, Texas, which proved to be a great location. However, that particular location has, unfortunately, temporarily closed down; therefore, we will continue this year’s festival at the Alamo Drafthouse at their other location in Richardson, Texas, United States.
This year, however, will be significantly different from the previous years for many good reasons:
- We will continue aligning our film festival with our nonprofit organization “Every Story Begins with PressPlay”
- We have a great lineup of submissions from filmmakers around the globe for independently produced films.
- In addition to traditional short films, we have a more diversified lineup of films.
- This year’s festival will span over 2 days: October 24th, and 25th, with several activities lined up to keep you all entertained.
For those who are unable to travel to Dallas for the festival or feel safer and prefer to view the films from the comfort of their own homes, PressPlay has launched a digital platform to host the screenings.
All tickets are valid for both online and in-theater screening. However, for those joining us at the theater all seats will be on a first come first serve basis until the theater is at required capacity.
FILM SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES
- By submitting a film to PPFF, you grant permission to screen your film if officially selected into the 2020 line up.
- You may submit multiple entries; each entry requires its own fee.
- All films must be submitted via FilmFreeway as an online screener (Vimeo, Youtube, Dropbox, etc.). Please also include password protected link.
- Eligible projects must have been completed by 2018, 2019, or on track to be completed in early 2020.
- If your film is selected, you will be asked to provide a digital press kit which includes: head-shot and filmography of director, color and/or B&W stills from the film, screeners for press, and a video trailer (cleared for broadcast).
- Submissions without payment will not be considered. If the submitter fails to pay the submission fee associated with their deadline by 11:59 EST, their submission fee will be increased to coincide with the new deadline. Any unpaid or partially paid submission at the time of submissions closing will be disqualified.