We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our 4th annual film festival on October 23rd, 2020. Due to the pandemic still being a concern, our last festival was held both online and at the theaters. we decided to premiere our film selections via these two platforms in order to bring these films to the broadest possible audience. However, for 2021, we plan on having an in-person screening and take the necessary protocols as provided by public health officials to ensure the health and safety of our community and our team members. We are diligently monitoring updates and recommendations from public health authorities. We will continue to re-evaluate our steps and actions regularly and will make updates to our website and our social media accounts if we decide to make any changes along the way. Please make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with any changes.
Our full selection of films will be premiered as physical, socially distanced screenings at the Angelika Film Theater, 5321 E Mockingbird Ln, Dallas, TX 75206
As part of our organizational culture:
- We will continue aligning our film festival with our nonprofit organization “Every Story Begins with PressPlay”
- We accept submissions from filmmakers around the globe for independently produced films.
- In addition to traditional short films, we will continue to have a more diversified lineup of films.
- This year’s festival will span over 2 days: October 23rd, and 24th, 2020 with several activities lined up to keep you all entertained.
Open Date: December 14, 2020
Day Break Deadline: February 28, 2021
Early Bird Deadline: April 4, 2021
Regular Deadline: May 9, 2021
Kind of Late Deadline: June 13, 2021
Late Deadline: July 11, 2021
Really Late Deadline: August 8, 2021
Notification Date: August 31, 2021
See submission guidelines below. All submission are processed through Filmfreeway.
Ticket sales will not be available until closer to the festival date.
FILM SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES
- By submitting a film to PPFF, you grant permission to screen your film if officially selected into the 2021 line up.
- You may submit multiple entries; each entry requires its own fee.
- All films must be submitted via FilmFreeway as an online screener (Vimeo, Youtube, Dropbox, etc.). Please also include password protected link.
- Eligible projects must have been completed by 2019, 2020, or on track to be completed in early 2021.
- If your film is selected, you will be asked to provide a digital press kit which includes: head-shot and filmography of director, color and/or B&W stills from the film, screeners for press, and a video trailer (cleared for broadcast).
- Submissions without payment will not be considered. If the submitter fails to pay the submission fee associated with their deadline by 11:59 EST, their submission fee will be increased to coincide with the new deadline. Any unpaid or partially paid submission at the time of submissions closing will be disqualified.