2019 PressPlay Film Festival Film Competition Rules and Terms
Before submitting, please read through all the rules and terms below. By submitting your project, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to all of the following. All projects that have been submitted by our final deadline and that adhere to the following terms will be considered for inclusion in the 2019 PressPlay Film Festival.
1. By submitting a film to PPFF, you grant permission to screen your film if officially selected into the 2019 line up.
2. You may submit multiple entries; each entry requires its own fee.
3. All films must be submitted via FilmFreeway, as an online screener (Vimeo, Youtube, Dropbox, etc.) please also include password protected link.
4. Selected works will be exhibited via blue ray disk. These shall be provided to the festival prior to showing.
5. If your film is selected, you will be asked to provide a digital press kit which includes: head-shot and filmography of director, colour and/or B&W stills from the film, screeners for press, and a video trailer (cleared for broadcast).
6. Films completed in 2017, 2018 or on track to be completed in early 2019 are eligible for submission.
DEADLINES AND PRICES
7. The Deadlines and Prices for the 2019 PressPlay Screenplay Competitions are as follows:
|Type||Early Deadline||Regular Deadline||Late Deadline||Extended Deadline|
8. Submissions without payment will not be considered. If the submitter fails to pay the submission fee associated with their deadline by 11:59 EST, their submission fee will be increased to coincide with the new deadline. Any unpaid or partially paid submission at the time of submissions closing will be disqualified.
REFUNDS AND REVISIONS
9. Once a project is listed “In Consideration” on FilmFreeway, we are unable to offer refunds for any reason, including (but not limited to):
- Submission to the wrong category
- Failure to pay the full submission fee by the final deadline
- Project’s failure to comply with submission Rules & Terms
- Rejection from the festival
- Change in Option or Production Status
- Withdrawing your submission for any reason (including changes of heart)
10. SHORT FILMS are restricted to a maximum running time of twenty (20) minutes to be considered. Projects can be from any genre.
11. FEATURE LENGTH FILMS must have a minimum running time of at least forty (40) minutes and a maximum running time of one hundred (100) minutes to be considered. Projects Can be from any genre
12. TEXAS SHORT FILMS must have maximum running time of twenty (20) minutes to be considered. Must have a Texas connection(filmmaker, location, or subject matter). Projects can be from any genre but must be related or have a Texas theme.
13. TEXAS FEATURE LENGTH FILM must have minimum running time of forty (40) minutes and maximum running time of one hundred (100) minutes to be considered. Must have a Texas connection(filmmaker, location, or subject matter). Projects can be from any genre but must be related or have a Texas theme.
14. MUSIC VIDEOS are restricted to a maximum running time of six (6) minutes to be considered. All music must have appropriate copyright approval.
15. Films must not have had major theatrical release or US broadcast airing prior to the festival
16. The awards for the 2019 PressPlay Film Festival are as follows:
Best Texas Feature
Best Texas Short
Best Music Video
Audience Choice Awards
Best Music Video
17. After notification of selection, films shall be considered for awards. Acceptance into the festival does NOT guarantee the YOU, your actors, crew or anyone else shall be offered award, payment or transportation or any type of lodging.
18. Filmmakers up for festival awards are encouraged to attend the award ceremony. Awards WILL NOT be mailed.
19. By submitting to the PressPlay Film Festival Screenplay Competition you are affirming the following:
- By submitting your film to PPFF, you allow and agree to excerpts of your film to be placed on all marketing and promotional outlets for the festival.
- You have clearances for film ownership prior to screening at the festival.
- The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless PressPlay Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for public screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulation
20. The PressPlay Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film at any time without refund, even after the competition has ended or prizes have been awarded, at the sole discretion of PPFF staff.